- Transfer News Recap: Gabbiadini to Southampton? Defrel to Roma? Double signing for Fiorentina
- Everton, West Ham, Crystal Palace all in for Milan’s Niang
- Juventus set to close Dybala contract renewal
- Tottenham, West Ham at the door for Ranocchia
- Milan, Deulofeu: “I’ve signed with the most glorious club in Italy”
- Niang-Ocampos switch on the cards between Milan and Genoa
- Watford and Birmingham City duel for Palermo’s Quaison
- Editorial: Milan’s paradox
- Chelsea on high alert following Biglia meeting
- OFFICIAL: Deulofeu signs with AC Milan
Alex Meret could be heading back to Serie A
- Updated: January 1, 2017
The young, Italian goalkeeper could be playing in Serie A before the end of January.
Alex Meret has been widely overshadowed by Gianluigi Donnarumma at AC Milan. The 19-year-old goalkeeper at SPAL on loan from Udinese is regarded as one of the brightest young talents in Italian football.
He’s been a big surprise for Leonardo Semplici’s side in Serie B, boasting several top performances. One must wonder, if it were not for Donnarumma, would Italy’s heir-apparent to Buffon be Meret?
Udinese’s goalkeeping situation is one that many clubs envy. Behind starter Karnezis is Simone Scuffet, another promising young Italian goalkeeper who caught the attention of Atletico Madrid a few years ago.
The Friuli club sees Meret as a major prospect and could end up back at the club in January, or perhaps on loan to another Serie A club.