- Juventus, Pjaca “We were the favorites, but anything can happen”
- Match Recap: Juventus’ dominating 2-0 win away at Porto
- The paramount importance of Milan’s reserves
- European Under 21 : Volume 3 Midfielders And Strikers 2017 Edition
- Italians Abroad – From the FA Cup to Mario’s antics in France
- Milan, Montella: “We dedicate this victory to Berlusconi”
- Fiorentina, Sousa “The guys give their all to win”
- Roma, Spalletti “Dzeko realises now he is important for Roma”
- Deulofeu: ”I am very happy. It was a complicated match”
- Paredes lauds Roma’s approach to Torino rout
Alex Meret could be heading back to Serie A
- Updated: January 1, 2017
The young, Italian goalkeeper could be playing in Serie A before the end of January.
Alex Meret has been widely overshadowed by Gianluigi Donnarumma at AC Milan. The 19-year-old goalkeeper at SPAL on loan from Udinese is regarded as one of the brightest young talents in Italian football.
He’s been a big surprise for Leonardo Semplici’s side in Serie B, boasting several top performances. One must wonder, if it were not for Donnarumma, would Italy’s heir-apparent to Buffon be Meret?
Udinese’s goalkeeping situation is one that many clubs envy. Behind starter Karnezis is Simone Scuffet, another promising young Italian goalkeeper who caught the attention of Atletico Madrid a few years ago.
The Friuli club sees Meret as a major prospect and could end up back at the club in January, or perhaps on loan to another Serie A club.