- Serie B Round-up Week 22
- Chinese club knocks on Giovinco’s door. His agent: “We’ll speak with the club”
- Ventura on Gianluigi Buffon’s legacy and Balotelli’s talents
- Analysis: Deulofeu bears more than youth, raw potential for Milan
- Napoli, Gladbach and Southampton closer to Gabbiadini
- Juve aiming to close Tolisso deal in January
- Napoli Call Ups for Coppa Italia matchup against Fiorentina
- Parma: A Year in Serie D
- Transfer News Recap: Gabbiadini to Southampton? Defrel to Roma? Double signing for Fiorentina
- Everton, West Ham, Crystal Palace all in for Milan’s Niang
Balotelli ‘already in talks’ to return to England
- Updated: December 21, 2016
Mario Balotelli’s agent Mino Raiola was a guest on TalkSport’s morning radio show on Wednesday.
The super-agent has been monitoring Balotelli’s progress closely this season. In a major surprise that few expected, Nice are at the top of the table in Ligue 1 at the Christmas break.
Balotelli meanwhile has scored eight goals in 13 appearances, although he has suffered a few minor injuries.
“We’ve already had talks with English clubs, but it’s really too early to say. We want to keep it day-by-day with Mario,” Raiola told TalkSport.
“For Mario I always knew it [his return to form] will come. He was in his last year at Liverpool and he was very stable and not so emotional anymore.
“I still think it’s a shame that Klopp didn’t give him a fair chance, but Mario is proving to himself, more than to others, what he can do.
“It’s his career – I think he understands a lot of things and he knows what he did as a mistake in the past.
“But it’s useless to look back, it’s only useful to look forward.”