- Redemption Road: Simone Scuffet’s Second Chance At Stardom
- Insigne, Verratti and Immobile: The Tale of Pescara’s Lost Talent
- Three Things We Learned From Italy’s Win v Albania
- WCQ: Italy vs Albania Player Ratings
- Player Focus: Lethal Azzurri and Torino bomber, Andrea Belotti
- Player Focus: Sassuolo’s Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Player Focus: Italy’s brutish young striker, Andrea Petagna
- Player Focus: Davide Zappacosta, Italy’s Next Zambrotta?
- Match Preview: Italy Battle Albania In Group G Play
- The Story of Gianluigi Buffon’s Past and Italy’s Goalkeeping Future
Are The Champions League Spots Still Up For Grabs?
- Updated: February 8, 2017
Juventus are undoubtedly odds-on favourites to win their sixth Scudetto in a row this season. Four points clear of nearest challengers Roma, with a game in hand at relegation threatened Crotone, the Serie A title race is surely Juve’s to lose. However, is the race for the final two Serie A Champions League spots still on?
Serie A’s Champions League representatives will be boosted back to four teams as of the 2018/2019 season. For now, only the top three teams enter European football’s biggest competition. Failing a very unlikely and dramatic collapse from Juventus, they will occupy one of these spots. Roma have a seven point gap between themselves and fourth placed Lazio while Napoli are five points clear of the chasing biancocelesti. So far the top three look to be on course to represent Italy in the Champions League for a second successive season. As we close in toward the final third of the season, this article takes a look at the contenders gunning for the Champions League places.