- Serie B Round-up Week 22
- Chinese club knocks on Giovinco’s door. His agent: “We’ll speak with the club”
- Ventura on Gianluigi Buffon’s legacy and Balotelli’s talents
- Analysis: Deulofeu bears more than youth, raw potential for Milan
- Napoli, Gladbach and Southampton closer to Gabbiadini
- Juve aiming to close Tolisso deal in January
- Napoli Call Ups for Coppa Italia matchup against Fiorentina
- Parma: A Year in Serie D
- Transfer News Recap: Gabbiadini to Southampton? Defrel to Roma? Double signing for Fiorentina
- Everton, West Ham, Crystal Palace all in for Milan’s Niang
Chelsea and Manchester United battle for De Vrij
- Updated: January 9, 2017
The Dutch defender from Lazio is on the market.
A major offer is coming for Stefan De Vrij, but surprisingly, not from China. Chelsea and Manchester United are ready to battle for the Dutchman’s signature, not for January but for June. For president Lotito, his defender will not leave for a cent less than €60 million. He’s already given a clear indication of this to the intermediaries who will bring the offer to Formello in the future.
According to Goal.com, Manchester United and Chelsea are both shopping Italy for defenders. De Vrij and Manolas from Roma are players who’ve been on both club’s radars since last summer.
De Vrij’s case is interesting because he’s yet to renew his contract which expires in 2018. It’s putting Lazio in a weaker negotiating position and they may even have to lower his price tag within 12 months of his current deal expiring.
For Lazio, they know they must renew the contract to other keep him in Rome, or more likely to sell him for a higher value.
If an offer were to arrive for more than €60 million, it’s likely Lotito wouldn’t hesitate in pulling the trigger.