- The 7 Best Young Footballers in Italy
- American Owners Look to Make Calcio Great Again
- What does the future hold for Milan fullback Mattia De Sciglio?
- Three key points from Napoli’s draw vs Sassuolo
- Napoli should strongly consider cashing in on Mertens this summer
- Matchday 33: AC Milan player ratings v Empoli
- Giovinco Watch #18: Seba “fired” up, dominates Chicago
- Zola: struggling to bring the magic to the bench
- Sold! Let’s Talk AC Milan Transfer Rumors
- Three key points from Napoli’s win vs. Udinese
Chelsea and Manchester United battle for De Vrij
- Updated: January 9, 2017
The Dutch defender from Lazio is on the market.
A major offer is coming for Stefan De Vrij, but surprisingly, not from China. Chelsea and Manchester United are ready to battle for the Dutchman’s signature, not for January but for June. For president Lotito, his defender will not leave for a cent less than €60 million. He’s already given a clear indication of this to the intermediaries who will bring the offer to Formello in the future.
According to Goal.com, Manchester United and Chelsea are both shopping Italy for defenders. De Vrij and Manolas from Roma are players who’ve been on both club’s radars since last summer.
De Vrij’s case is interesting because he’s yet to renew his contract which expires in 2018. It’s putting Lazio in a weaker negotiating position and they may even have to lower his price tag within 12 months of his current deal expiring.
For Lazio, they know they must renew the contract to other keep him in Rome, or more likely to sell him for a higher value.
If an offer were to arrive for more than €60 million, it’s likely Lotito wouldn’t hesitate in pulling the trigger.