- Redemption Road: Simone Scuffet’s Second Chance At Stardom
- Insigne, Verratti and Immobile: The Tale of Pescara’s Lost Talent
- Three Things We Learned From Italy’s Win v Albania
- WCQ: Italy vs Albania Player Ratings
- Player Focus: Lethal Azzurri and Torino bomber, Andrea Belotti
- Player Focus: Sassuolo’s Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Player Focus: Italy’s brutish young striker, Andrea Petagna
- Player Focus: Davide Zappacosta, Italy’s Next Zambrotta?
- Match Preview: Italy Battle Albania In Group G Play
- The Story of Gianluigi Buffon’s Past and Italy’s Goalkeeping Future
Comprehensive Analysis of Ventura’s Latest Italy Call Ups
- Updated: March 20, 2017
Italy boss Giampiero Ventura has included some new young faces in the squad, which show his dedication to incorporating youth into the side.
The Azzurri play host to Albania this Friday at the Stadio Barbera and head to the Amsterdam Arena to face the Netherlands next Tuesday. The former Torino boss has included several debutants within the squad which include Alex Meret, Leonardo Spinazzola, Simone Verdi, Roberto Gagliardini, and Daniele D’Ambrosio. Manolo Gabbiadini earned his recall to the nazionale after a string of fine performances with his new club Southampton. However, following his injury this past weekend he has been replaced by Andrea Petagna who himself has earned his first senior side call-up. Notable absences in the squad include a pair of Juventus players in Giorgio Chiellini and Claudio Marchisio, who have both suffered from injury problems this season. Without further ado, let’s analyze Ventura’s 23 man squad.