Deputy Commissioner of the FIGC Alessandro Costacurta has shown his support for temporary Italy Manager Gigi Di Biagio.
Milan legend Alessandro Costacurta spoke at the twenty-second masterSport at the University of Parma’s Economics Department about the choice of Gigi Di Biagio as the manager of the Italian national football team in the Azzurri’s upcoming international friendlies against Argentina and England in March.
“I think it’s a great choice. He has grit, he is determined and has a great hunger, he achieved an excellent result in the last European Under-21 Championship and he will be able to lead the National team in a great way.”
The Italian Football Federation is currently searching for a new Manager as a result of the failure to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup and despite Di Biagio only likely to take over for the next two games if he does impress he very well could be a possible candidate alongside the likes of Carlo Ancelotti and Roberto Mancini.
- Midtable Serie A clubs see their revenues skyrocket.
- Andrea Belotti to AC Milan in the summer is heating up.
- Retrospect: Sarri blocked Deulofeu move.
- Will Pietro Pellegri become the new Mbappe?
- Massive €1.5 billion TV contract coming to Serie A.