- Redemption Road: Simone Scuffet’s Second Chance At Stardom
- Insigne, Verratti and Immobile: The Tale of Pescara’s Lost Talent
- Three Things We Learned From Italy’s Win v Albania
- WCQ: Italy vs Albania Player Ratings
- Player Focus: Lethal Azzurri and Torino bomber, Andrea Belotti
- Player Focus: Sassuolo’s Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Player Focus: Italy’s brutish young striker, Andrea Petagna
- Player Focus: Davide Zappacosta, Italy’s Next Zambrotta?
- Match Preview: Italy Battle Albania In Group G Play
- The Story of Gianluigi Buffon’s Past and Italy’s Goalkeeping Future
Fiorentina, Sousa “The guys give their all to win”
- Updated: February 20, 2017
Sousa’s Fiorentina lost to Milan at San Siro and took a dent to their Europa League qualification hopes.
Post-match, Paulo Sousa spoke to Sky Sports about his team’s loss:
“Getting to play such an important away game is always tough, and against a team that is doing very well, I’m very proud of the lads performance. The players follow my instructions and do their best to win. “
On their attempt to qualify for Europe again:
“Statistically, the facts are very clear. It is always very hard, especially for teams who are playing away from home. But we also can win games. It is those who win often enough who take advantage of their situation.”
“It is not only up to him but everyone in the team. If some don’t exploit their opportunities it ultimately comes down to a failure on my part. This year has started well as he had a high level of motivation, but that has stopped recently. I am guilty of this because he is a player who can make a difference. He is one of our best players, with regards to finding free space to getting the ball to our forwards. Unfortunately he could not make the difference again as he has in the past “.