- The 7 Best Young Footballers in Italy
- American Owners Look to Make Calcio Great Again
- What does the future hold for Milan fullback Mattia De Sciglio?
- Three key points from Napoli’s draw vs Sassuolo
- Napoli should strongly consider cashing in on Mertens this summer
- Matchday 33: AC Milan player ratings v Empoli
- Giovinco Watch #18: Seba “fired” up, dominates Chicago
- Zola: struggling to bring the magic to the bench
- Sold! Let’s Talk AC Milan Transfer Rumors
- Three key points from Napoli’s win vs. Udinese
Gabbiadini edging closer to West Brom move
- Updated: January 11, 2017
Several reports suggest that Manolo Gabbiadini’s move away from Napoli is becoming more than just a possibility, with English side West Bromwich Albiol closest to the Italian’s signature.
Despite his recent revival, 3 goals in 3 games has not been enough for Manolo Gabbiadini to save his Napoli career. The arrival of Leonardo Pavoletti, together with the expected return of Arkadiusz Milik have cut the forward’s chances of finding playing time and are pushing the 25-year-old towards the EPL.
Gazzetta.it are reporting that, despite the many rumours linking the forward to teams such as Southampton and Everton, WBA have won the race for the Italian international with an offer of around 20 million euros which should be enough to convince Napoli’s president, Aurelio De Laurentiis.
Sporting director Giuseppe Cannella spoke to Radio Crc where he spoke about how Everton were close to the player’s signature in the Summer with an offer that was significantly higher than the 20 million euros Napoli are hoping to receive this time around.
Cannella gave his view on the potential move and stating that “letting Gabbiadini go would be a mistake” while explaining how not many clubs are willing to match the price tag set by De Laurentiis.
The coming weeks will see this transfer saga evolve but, as things stand, WBA are in pole position to sign Napoli’s Manolo Gabbiadini.