- Evolution: unveiling Alessio Romagnoli
- Serie B Week 17 Round-up
- Juventus ready to bid €25 million for Kessié
- Juventus and Milan battling for two key stars
- Inter prepared to open talks with Liverpool for Geoffrey Kondogbia
- Everton eye Manolo Gabbiadini with improved bid
- How to watch Benfica vs Napoli: Live stream, TV channels, start time
- Lazio, Lulic apology: “I’m sorry I expressed myself in such a manner”
- Simeone: “Everyone knows I will be Inter’s coach; it’s not news”
- Juventus turn to Meret for post-Buffon
Hellas, Toronto FC On Cacia
- Updated: January 15, 2014
Toronto FC has grown partial to Italian strikers.
After the failed attempt (for now) at signing Alberto Gilardino, the Italian Job seemed to have vanished for good. This was ever truer with the signing of a marquee striker the likes of Jermaine Defoe.
However, appearances deceive. According to Gianluca Di Marzio, the reds are hot on the heels of Hellas Verona cultured striker Daniele Cacia. A journeyman whose explosion in Serie A was stunted by two injuries at key times, Cacia could prove to be a useful addition to TFC’s strikeforce.
The Reds are serious about the deal and have offered the Italian a 3 year deal. An offer to the club is yet to be made.
Cacia has plied his trade in Serie B for the most part, collecting a respectable total of 98 goals, 22 assists in 271 appearances in all competitions (Serie B, Serie A, Italian Cup, and Europa League) .