- Udinese eye Gilardino to replace Di Natale
- Roma, Napoli and Inter at the door for Barcelona winger
- Arsenal eye Inter’s Perisic to replace Walcott
- Manchester United ready to buy Pogba back, meeting with Juventus scheduled
- Tottenham place bid for Roma starlet Sanabria: The Details
- Milan set to meet with Dinamo Zagreb for Pjaca
- Fiorentina eye Palermo’s Goldaniga, need at least €7 million
- Napoli’s €26 million bid for Tolisso rejected
- Leicester City bid €20 million for Juventus’ Mario Lemina
- Italy suffer Candreva blow, out vs Spain
Hellas, Toronto FC On Cacia
- Updated: January 15, 2014
Toronto FC has grown partial to Italian strikers.
After the failed attempt (for now) at signing Alberto Gilardino, the Italian Job seemed to have vanished for good. This was ever truer with the signing of a marquee striker the likes of Jermaine Defoe.
However, appearances deceive. According to Gianluca Di Marzio, the reds are hot on the heels of Hellas Verona cultured striker Daniele Cacia. A journeyman whose explosion in Serie A was stunted by two injuries at key times, Cacia could prove to be a useful addition to TFC’s strikeforce.
The Reds are serious about the deal and have offered the Italian a 3 year deal. An offer to the club is yet to be made.
Cacia has plied his trade in Serie B for the most part, collecting a respectable total of 98 goals, 22 assists in 271 appearances in all competitions (Serie B, Serie A, Italian Cup, and Europa League) .