- Three key points from Napoli’s draw vs Sassuolo
- Napoli should strongly consider cashing in on Mertens this summer
- Matchday 33: AC Milan player ratings v Empoli
- Giovinco Watch #18: Seba “fired” up, dominates Chicago
- Zola: struggling to bring the magic to the bench
- Sold! Let’s Talk AC Milan Transfer Rumors
- Three key points from Napoli’s win vs. Udinese
- Matchday 32: AC Milan player ratings v Inter
- Dybala, Milinkovic-Savic renewals suggest a shift in Italian football
- Montella calls up 22 Milan players for tomorrow’s Derby Milano
Inter, Pioli: “We must grow to be faster and more effective”
- Updated: December 9, 2016
Inter defeated Sparta Prague 2-1 in their last Group K match of the UEFA Europa League tournament on Thursday night.
Inter finished last place in the group, but went out with a win against Group K’s winning team. Nerazzurri Manager Stefano Pioli spoke to Sky Sport after the match.
Sky Sport asked Pioli about youth forward, Andrea Pinamonti, who made his senior debut on Thursday.
“This is about a guy who is very young, but has excellent qualities. They aren’t simple qualities you find in youngsters today. Serious, humble, with a great future. Inter tried to control the game and with generosity we had good situations, but we must grow to be faster and and more effective.”
Pioli answered a question about defending with three at the back. He also looked back at the loss against Hapoel Beer Sheva.
“It’s clear that we are looking for a balanced team. We are trying different solutions. This may be one of those; we will see what will be the most useful. There is regret because we had prepared well for the game in Israel against an opponent that is not easy to play, but we made the mistake of thinking the game was over at halftime.”
Inter have received many questions about Gabriel “Gabigol” Barbosa’s playing time. Pioli responded to the question of Gabigol’s limited playing time.
“There is a bit too much talk of players who don’t play. There is a coach who works and puts forward players that are ready and if a player is not chosen then obviously he is less ready than his teammates.”
Sky Sport also asked Pioli is Gabigol would be loaned out to another club in Italy.
“I believe that the club will choose the best strategies for the players and for the team. Now we will work without a midweek commitment; this should be an advantage. We have a large squad, the club is aware of it and we’ll be ready for the January transfer window. I want to work with the right number of players.”
Inter will play its next match against Genoa on Sunday as it looks to get back on track in the Serie A.