- Three key points from Napoli’s draw vs Sassuolo
- Napoli should strongly consider cashing in on Mertens this summer
- Matchday 33: AC Milan player ratings v Empoli
- Giovinco Watch #18: Seba “fired” up, dominates Chicago
- Zola: struggling to bring the magic to the bench
- Sold! Let’s Talk AC Milan Transfer Rumors
- Three key points from Napoli’s win vs. Udinese
- Matchday 32: AC Milan player ratings v Inter
- Dybala, Milinkovic-Savic renewals suggest a shift in Italian football
- Montella calls up 22 Milan players for tomorrow’s Derby Milano
Inter’s Pinamonti makes debut: “It was an indescribable feeling”
- Updated: December 9, 2016
Inter defeated Sparta Prague 2-1 at the Stadio San Siro in UEFA Europa League action on Thursday night.
Inter bowed out of the competition in their last Europa League match, but ended tournament play with a win against Group K’s winner. The Serie A club called up youth team forward, Andrea Pinamonti and gave him the start against Sparta Prague. Pinamonti spoke to Sky Sport after the match about his senior team debut.
“It was an indescribable feeling. The San Siro has always been my stadium because I root for Inter. I’m happy about the trust I received from [Stefano] Pioli and the club. I will be ready in case I get a new opportunity. I’d be happy to have a new chance. I like to help the team and will always try improve. [Rodrigo] Palacio gives me lots of advice. My idol is in the squad and he is [Mauro] Icardi.”
Pinamonti plays his football for Inter’s U-19 team in the Primavera Championship Group C. The 17 year-old forward leads the league with 12 goals in 10 appearances. He has also recorded an assist. Look for Pinamonti in the future as he tries to prove himself worthy of joining the senior team.