- Serie B Round-up Week 22
- Chinese club knocks on Giovinco’s door. His agent: “We’ll speak with the club”
- Ventura on Gianluigi Buffon’s legacy and Balotelli’s talents
- Analysis: Deulofeu bears more than youth, raw potential for Milan
- Napoli, Gladbach and Southampton closer to Gabbiadini
- Juve aiming to close Tolisso deal in January
- Napoli Call Ups for Coppa Italia matchup against Fiorentina
- Parma: A Year in Serie D
- Transfer News Recap: Gabbiadini to Southampton? Defrel to Roma? Double signing for Fiorentina
- Everton, West Ham, Crystal Palace all in for Milan’s Niang
Inter’s Pinamonti makes debut: “It was an indescribable feeling”
- Updated: December 9, 2016
Inter defeated Sparta Prague 2-1 at the Stadio San Siro in UEFA Europa League action on Thursday night.
Inter bowed out of the competition in their last Europa League match, but ended tournament play with a win against Group K’s winner. The Serie A club called up youth team forward, Andrea Pinamonti and gave him the start against Sparta Prague. Pinamonti spoke to Sky Sport after the match about his senior team debut.
“It was an indescribable feeling. The San Siro has always been my stadium because I root for Inter. I’m happy about the trust I received from [Stefano] Pioli and the club. I will be ready in case I get a new opportunity. I’d be happy to have a new chance. I like to help the team and will always try improve. [Rodrigo] Palacio gives me lots of advice. My idol is in the squad and he is [Mauro] Icardi.”
Pinamonti plays his football for Inter’s U-19 team in the Primavera Championship Group C. The 17 year-old forward leads the league with 12 goals in 10 appearances. He has also recorded an assist. Look for Pinamonti in the future as he tries to prove himself worthy of joining the senior team.