- Three Things We Learned From Italy’s Win v Albania
- WCQ: Italy vs Albania Player Ratings
- Player Focus: Lethal Azzurri and Torino bomber, Andrea Belotti
- Player Focus: Sassuolo’s Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Player Focus: Italy’s brutish young striker, Andrea Petagna
- Player Focus: Davide Zappacosta, Italy’s Next Zambrotta?
- Match Preview: Italy Battle Albania In Group G Play
- The Story of Gianluigi Buffon’s Past and Italy’s Goalkeeping Future
- The Five Most Underrated Players On The Current Azzurri Roster
- Giampiero Ventura, Italy’s Most Forward Thinking Boss In Recent Memory
Inter’s Pinamonti makes debut: “It was an indescribable feeling”
- Updated: December 9, 2016
Inter defeated Sparta Prague 2-1 at the Stadio San Siro in UEFA Europa League action on Thursday night.
Inter bowed out of the competition in their last Europa League match, but ended tournament play with a win against Group K’s winner. The Serie A club called up youth team forward, Andrea Pinamonti and gave him the start against Sparta Prague. Pinamonti spoke to Sky Sport after the match about his senior team debut.
“It was an indescribable feeling. The San Siro has always been my stadium because I root for Inter. I’m happy about the trust I received from [Stefano] Pioli and the club. I will be ready in case I get a new opportunity. I’d be happy to have a new chance. I like to help the team and will always try improve. [Rodrigo] Palacio gives me lots of advice. My idol is in the squad and he is [Mauro] Icardi.”
Pinamonti plays his football for Inter’s U-19 team in the Primavera Championship Group C. The 17 year-old forward leads the league with 12 goals in 10 appearances. He has also recorded an assist. Look for Pinamonti in the future as he tries to prove himself worthy of joining the senior team.