Napoli went to the Renato Dall’Ara to face Bologna. Unfortunately, Napoli dropped another 2 points in the standings by drawing 2-2. Napoli’s goals came from Gonzalo Higuain and Jose Callejon. This was not Napoli’s strongest showing of the season, however they should of still came away with the 3 points considering they had a 2-1 lead after 90 minutes. A lost assignment on a corner kick gave Bologna the chance to tie the game and they did.
- Rolando Bianchi and Alessandro Diamanti: This “duo” kept Napoli on their heels constantly and were the only reason Bologna were in the match. Bianchi provided both goals for Bologna, one of which tied the match in the 91st minute. As for Diamanti, he was a constant threat on dead ball occasions and delivered both assists.
- Jose Callejon Goal: This goal was a great build-up and gave the lead to Napoli with 10 minutes remaining. The ball was won by Dzemaili, dribbled up field by Hamsik (finally back) who then provided a ball to Higuain, who flicked it to Callejon to finish off the play nicely with a low hard shot passed the keeper.
- Honorable Mentions: Gonzalo Higuain, the subbing on of Hamsik and Insigne, Mertens Free-Kick/Curci save
- Raul Albiol: This was probably the worse game I have seen Albiol play wearing the Napoli uniform. Both goals were clearly his fault. On both goals Albiol left Bianchi free with enough space to finish. This is what happens when Albiol does not have a strong enough partner to pick up the slack for having a bad game.
- Goran Pandev: I am perplexed with this. How does Benitez still give a chance to start a game with Hamsik returning from injury and Insigne on a great run. Pandev was absolutely useless this game. He did not create a chance, take a shot, had only 25 touches. He should not see the pitch anymore during this Serie A campaign. When he plays, everyone knows that one of the subs allowed will be used for him.
- Gonzalo Higuain header: In the second half, Higuain had a clear chance to finish off a great cross by Callejon. He had enough space to properly finish off the diving header (albeit it was a diving header)
- First half: Napoli display in the first half was far from what Napoli fans expect. No build up plays, leaving lots of space to Bologna to create offence. Another issue was the referee who was too fiscal, which did not allow both teams to keep the play flowing.
In the end, Napoli need to turn the page on this match and need to start becoming more consistent if they want to keep pace with AS Roma and finish at least second (winning the scudetto at this point is extremely unlikely). Napoli next match is vs a team fighting to stay in Serie A, Chievo.
*** In other news, Napoli fans would like to welcome the young talented Italian, Jorginho to Napoli! Hope he keeps playing the way he was at Verona ***