- Three key points from Napoli’s draw vs Sassuolo
- Napoli should strongly consider cashing in on Mertens this summer
- Matchday 33: AC Milan player ratings v Empoli
- Giovinco Watch #18: Seba “fired” up, dominates Chicago
- Zola: struggling to bring the magic to the bench
- Sold! Let’s Talk AC Milan Transfer Rumors
- Three key points from Napoli’s win vs. Udinese
- Matchday 32: AC Milan player ratings v Inter
- Dybala, Milinkovic-Savic renewals suggest a shift in Italian football
- Montella calls up 22 Milan players for tomorrow’s Derby Milano
Napoli, Milik to be cleared to return to full training
- Updated: January 11, 2017
The good news keeps on coming for Napoli.
It’s a busy day at Villa Stuart in Roma on Wednesday. Mattia Perin from Genoa is having surgery to repair his torn ACL, while Dr. Mariani also took the time to deliver good news to Maurizio Sarri in Napoli.
Speaking to Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli, Professor Mariani announced an appointment with Arek Milik is scheduled for tomorrow morning. If it goes well, Milik could be 2-3 weeks away from making his return.
“If tomorrow goes all good, he’ll return to the team,” Mariani said.
“The forward will undergo a functional evaluation; it will be a series of tests both in the gym and on the field. The test will be natural orthopedics. Naturally, an MRI will also be done.
“Milik could then return to the bench. Then he’ll have to wait for the green light from the coach, Maurizio Sarri. It’d be up to him to call him or not for the league matches.”