With Maurizio Sarri garnering interest from abroad, the Napoli supremo wants to ensure his coach stays in Campania.
Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis has more than doubled his club’s payroll over the past few years, but now he wants to ensure the key to his project remains in his hands.
Naples based radio Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli reports the two will sit down for contract discussions at the end of March. The reason being is Sarri does not want any distractions during the crucial stretch of the season and will only sit down when the international break is ongoing.
Despite being knocked out of the Champions League in the group stage, the Partenopei are in pole position in Serie A and are vying to dethrone Juventus as the perennial league champions.
- Midtable Serie A clubs see their revenues skyrocket.
- Andrea Belotti to AC Milan in the summer is heating up.
- Retrospect: Sarri blocked Deulofeu move.
- Will Pietro Pellegri become the new Mbappe?
- Massive €1.5 billion TV contract coming to Serie A.