- The 7 Best Young Footballers in Italy
- American Owners Look to Make Calcio Great Again
- What does the future hold for Milan fullback Mattia De Sciglio?
- Three key points from Napoli’s draw vs Sassuolo
- Napoli should strongly consider cashing in on Mertens this summer
- Matchday 33: AC Milan player ratings v Empoli
- Giovinco Watch #18: Seba “fired” up, dominates Chicago
- Zola: struggling to bring the magic to the bench
- Sold! Let’s Talk AC Milan Transfer Rumors
- Three key points from Napoli’s win vs. Udinese
OFFICIAL: AC Milan has been sold to Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux
- Updated: April 13, 2017
After several postponements, the sale of AC Milan finally arrived early Thursday afternoon in Milan, ending Silvio Berlusconi’s 31 year reign as President.
Here is the official join statement from Fininvest and Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux (via acmilan.com):
“Today Fininvest has completed the sale of the entire stake owned in AC Milan – equal to 99.93% – to Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux.
The closing is the last step of the purchase agreement signed on August 5th 2016 and renewed on March 24th by Fininvest CEO Danilo Pellegrino and David Han Li, as a representative of Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux.
The terms of the agreement are the same disclosed in August and reflect of an aggregate evaluation of AC Milan equal to EUR740 million, which includes the club’s indebtedness, equal to EUR220 million as of June 30th 2016. A EUR90 million refund for AC Milan’s running costs anticipated by Fininvest from July 1st 2016 hitherto add up to the evaluation.
The buyers also confirmed their commitment to undertake significant capital increases and liquidity injections aimed at strengthening AC Milan’s financial structure.
Tomorrow, Friday April 14th, AC Milan’s shareholders’ meeting will resolve , inter alia, on the appointment of the new governance bodies of the company.
Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux was supported by the financial adviser Rothschild & Co. and by the law firms Gianni, Origoni, Grippo, Cappelli & Partners and Gattai, Minoli, Agostinelli & Partners. Fininvest was supported respectively by Lazard and Studio Chiomenti.
Milan, April 13th 2017″
After everything was finalized Thursday afternoon, Yonghong Li spoke his first words as new owner of the Rossoneri, saying:
“I thank Silvio Berlusconi and Fininvest for their confidence and the fans for their patience. Starting from now, we will build for the future. Step by step, we – AC Milan – will return to the top of the world.”