- Redemption Road: Simone Scuffet’s Second Chance At Stardom
- Insigne, Verratti and Immobile: The Tale of Pescara’s Lost Talent
- Three Things We Learned From Italy’s Win v Albania
- WCQ: Italy vs Albania Player Ratings
- Player Focus: Lethal Azzurri and Torino bomber, Andrea Belotti
- Player Focus: Sassuolo’s Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Player Focus: Italy’s brutish young striker, Andrea Petagna
- Player Focus: Davide Zappacosta, Italy’s Next Zambrotta?
- Match Preview: Italy Battle Albania In Group G Play
- The Story of Gianluigi Buffon’s Past and Italy’s Goalkeeping Future
OFFICIAL: Fiorentina sign Riccardo Saponara.
- Updated: January 28, 2017
With the January calciomercato coming to a close, teams are finishing up their last little bit of transfer business and moving forward with their plans for the rest of the season.
Fiorentina, a club who despite getting a few disappointing results in the last few games, have been playing very well, looking very sharp and impressive. After all, they did manage to steal 3 points off of champions Juventus at home following a brilliant display.
The Viola will get another boost looking forward to the rest of the season as the club formally announced the signing of Empoli star Riccardo Saponara earlier today.
In an announce on their official website, Fiorentina stated the following:
“ACF Fiorentina are delighted to announce the signing of Riccardo Saponara from Empoli FC.
The 25-year-old joins on an initial loan transfer with an obligation to make the deal permanent.”
Saponara is a strong signing as he is a very talented dribbler and great at supplying creativity in the center of the pitch, also decently pacey and has an eye for the back of the net. This signing will bring that much more creativity to the Fiorentina midfield. The fee for the player was confirmed at 9 million euros.
Fiorentina play at home against Genoa on Sunday in Serie A, which surely is too soon to see the player in action at his new club, however we just might get to see him in the club’s midweek clash at Pescara on Wednesday.