- Three Things We Learned From Juventus’ Win Over Empoli
- 5 things we saw in Napoli’s loss against Atalanta
- Napoli Player Ratings for Match vs Atalanta
- Gigio Donnarumma: The Veteran Turns Eighteen
- Napoli Call-Ups for Match Against Atalanta
- Leicester City, Romance or Results? The Question Surrounding Ranieri’s Sacking
- The race for Serie A
- Juventus, Pjaca “We were the favorites, but anything can happen”
- Match Recap: Juventus’ dominating 2-0 win away at Porto
- The paramount importance of Milan’s reserves
OFFICIAL: Prandelli resigns from Valencia post
- Updated: December 30, 2016
The ex-Italy coach waved goodbye to the Valencian giants.
The club released an official statement on Friday evening;
“Cesare Prandelli has communicated to Valencia Club de Fútbol his irrevocable decision to resign from his position as coach, as of Friday, December 30th. ‘Voro’ González will take over in charge of the first team squad. Valencia CF director Anil Murthy and sporting director Jesús García Pitarch will hold a press conference at the Ciudad Deportiva on Saturday, December 31st, at 10am.”
As of now there’s no confirmed motive for his departure. The shocking dismissal comes after the club was seemingly progressing towards a united January transfer window.
We’ll understand shortly what this means for Simone Zaza’s proposed transfer.
Prandelli took over after matchday 7 in La Liga and presided over 10 matches in total, winning only one league match.
Valencia sit in 17th place in La Liga.