- Juventus, Pjaca “We were the favorites, but anything can happen”
- Match Recap: Juventus’ dominating 2-0 win away at Porto
- The paramount importance of Milan’s reserves
- European Under 21 : Volume 3 Midfielders And Strikers 2017 Edition
- Italians Abroad – From the FA Cup to Mario’s antics in France
- Milan, Montella: “We dedicate this victory to Berlusconi”
- Fiorentina, Sousa “The guys give their all to win”
- Roma, Spalletti “Dzeko realises now he is important for Roma”
- Deulofeu: ”I am very happy. It was a complicated match”
- Paredes lauds Roma’s approach to Torino rout
OPINION: Juventus, Inter and Fiorentina made the best three signings this January
- Updated: February 2, 2017
31st January 2017 at 11:00pm CET and the Italian transfer window slams shut. Or more appropriately, it is closed again. Gently and gracefully without too much resistance. Few teams desperately attempted to make last minute deals, contrary to the norm in recent years.
Now that the dust has settled, it’s time look at some of the moves that have been made and make sense of them. Famously, the January window is for fixing obvious squad depth problems, covering holes in week areas or finding players to who can come to the club and immediately impact without too much thought on the future. However, I’ve picked out three signings from this window which I believe will have the best long-term impact for their new clubs.