- Redemption Road: Simone Scuffet’s Second Chance At Stardom
- Insigne, Verratti and Immobile: The Tale of Pescara’s Lost Talent
- Three Things We Learned From Italy’s Win v Albania
- WCQ: Italy vs Albania Player Ratings
- Player Focus: Lethal Azzurri and Torino bomber, Andrea Belotti
- Player Focus: Sassuolo’s Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Player Focus: Italy’s brutish young striker, Andrea Petagna
- Player Focus: Davide Zappacosta, Italy’s Next Zambrotta?
- Match Preview: Italy Battle Albania In Group G Play
- The Story of Gianluigi Buffon’s Past and Italy’s Goalkeeping Future
OPINION: Juventus, Inter and Fiorentina made the best three signings this January
- Updated: February 2, 2017
31st January 2017 at 11:00pm CET and the Italian transfer window slams shut. Or more appropriately, it is closed again. Gently and gracefully without too much resistance. Few teams desperately attempted to make last minute deals, contrary to the norm in recent years.
Now that the dust has settled, it’s time look at some of the moves that have been made and make sense of them. Famously, the January window is for fixing obvious squad depth problems, covering holes in week areas or finding players to who can come to the club and immediately impact without too much thought on the future. However, I’ve picked out three signings from this window which I believe will have the best long-term impact for their new clubs.