- Serie B Round-up Week 22
- Chinese club knocks on Giovinco’s door. His agent: “We’ll speak with the club”
- Ventura on Gianluigi Buffon’s legacy and Balotelli’s talents
- Analysis: Deulofeu bears more than youth, raw potential for Milan
- Napoli, Gladbach and Southampton closer to Gabbiadini
- Juve aiming to close Tolisso deal in January
- Napoli Call Ups for Coppa Italia matchup against Fiorentina
- Parma: A Year in Serie D
- Transfer News Recap: Gabbiadini to Southampton? Defrel to Roma? Double signing for Fiorentina
- Everton, West Ham, Crystal Palace all in for Milan’s Niang
Pioli confident in Inter’s potential to react
- Updated: November 26, 2016
In the wake of Inter’s European fiasco against Hapoel, manager Stefano Pioli spoke to ANSA about the reaction that he is expecting from his players.
Ahead of the Monday night match against Fiorentina, Pioli initially talked about what went wrong in Tel Aviv, claiming, “We played well in the first half but certainly did very badly in the second.” Critical but optimistic, Pioli seems confident in his team’s potential to learn from their mistakes and react.
Despite Inter’s poor display in the Serie A and in the Europa League, where they collected a mere three points, Pioli declared:
“The boys have the intelligence to learn from their mistakes and start playing more consistently, determinedly and attentively throughout the whole game.”
The Inter boss clearly highlighted carelessness as the team’s main flaw against Hapoel. Inter have effectively shown some rare moments of brilliance, such as in the first half of the game in Tel Aviv or during the derby. However, as Pioli rightly underlined, the nerazzurri are lacking in consistency.
Pioli was also right to talk about the team’s potential to react. Inter are full of quality in every department, with world-class players such as Miranda, Joao Mario and Icardi, amongst many others. On paper, the team is one of the most complete in the Serie A, but a lack of attentiveness is letting them down. Pioli’s confidence in the team’s abilities might be determining in changing the attitude of the players and in turning Inter’s so-far abysmal season around.