- Three Things We Learned From Italy’s Win v Albania
- WCQ: Italy vs Albania Player Ratings
- Player Focus: Lethal Azzurri and Torino bomber, Andrea Belotti
- Player Focus: Sassuolo’s Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Player Focus: Italy’s brutish young striker, Andrea Petagna
- Player Focus: Davide Zappacosta, Italy’s Next Zambrotta?
- Match Preview: Italy Battle Albania In Group G Play
- The Story of Gianluigi Buffon’s Past and Italy’s Goalkeeping Future
- The Five Most Underrated Players On The Current Azzurri Roster
- Giampiero Ventura, Italy’s Most Forward Thinking Boss In Recent Memory
Reggina bus engulfed in flames after derby loss vs Messina
- Updated: December 29, 2016
A disaster avoided in Sicily as Reggina’s bus erupted into flames.
After losing 2-0 to arch rivals Messina in the Derby dello Stretto, Reggina was heading back to the port in order to catch a ferry to return back to the Italian mainland.
Shortly after leaving the Stadio San Filippo, the bus transporting the Reggina players and staff caught on fire and forced the team to swiftly evacuate. The city fire department quickly intervened to avoid the worst.
(story continued below)
DIGOS, an Italian special investigations unit is investigating the situation to ensure the was no foul play. Initial findings are pointing towards catastrophic engine failure rather than malicious intent.
Thankfully, nobody was hurt and Zeman Junior’s side will return back to Calabria.
Messina released a statement denying any involvement whatsoever in the incident shortly after.