- Three Things We Learned From Juventus’ Win Over Empoli
- 5 things we saw in Napoli’s loss against Atalanta
- Napoli Player Ratings for Match vs Atalanta
- Gigio Donnarumma: The Veteran Turns Eighteen
- Napoli Call-Ups for Match Against Atalanta
- Leicester City, Romance or Results? The Question Surrounding Ranieri’s Sacking
- The race for Serie A
- Juventus, Pjaca “We were the favorites, but anything can happen”
- Match Recap: Juventus’ dominating 2-0 win away at Porto
- The paramount importance of Milan’s reserves
Reggina bus engulfed in flames after derby loss vs Messina
- Updated: December 29, 2016
A disaster avoided in Sicily as Reggina’s bus erupted into flames.
After losing 2-0 to arch rivals Messina in the Derby dello Stretto, Reggina was heading back to the port in order to catch a ferry to return back to the Italian mainland.
Shortly after leaving the Stadio San Filippo, the bus transporting the Reggina players and staff caught on fire and forced the team to swiftly evacuate. The city fire department quickly intervened to avoid the worst.
(story continued below)
DIGOS, an Italian special investigations unit is investigating the situation to ensure the was no foul play. Initial findings are pointing towards catastrophic engine failure rather than malicious intent.
Thankfully, nobody was hurt and Zeman Junior’s side will return back to Calabria.
Messina released a statement denying any involvement whatsoever in the incident shortly after.