- Three key points from Napoli’s draw vs Sassuolo
- Napoli should strongly consider cashing in on Mertens this summer
- Matchday 33: AC Milan player ratings v Empoli
- Giovinco Watch #18: Seba “fired” up, dominates Chicago
- Zola: struggling to bring the magic to the bench
- Sold! Let’s Talk AC Milan Transfer Rumors
- Three key points from Napoli’s win vs. Udinese
- Matchday 32: AC Milan player ratings v Inter
- Dybala, Milinkovic-Savic renewals suggest a shift in Italian football
- Montella calls up 22 Milan players for tomorrow’s Derby Milano
Reggina bus engulfed in flames after derby loss vs Messina
- Updated: December 29, 2016
A disaster avoided in Sicily as Reggina’s bus erupted into flames.
After losing 2-0 to arch rivals Messina in the Derby dello Stretto, Reggina was heading back to the port in order to catch a ferry to return back to the Italian mainland.
Shortly after leaving the Stadio San Filippo, the bus transporting the Reggina players and staff caught on fire and forced the team to swiftly evacuate. The city fire department quickly intervened to avoid the worst.
(story continued below)
DIGOS, an Italian special investigations unit is investigating the situation to ensure the was no foul play. Initial findings are pointing towards catastrophic engine failure rather than malicious intent.
Thankfully, nobody was hurt and Zeman Junior’s side will return back to Calabria.
Messina released a statement denying any involvement whatsoever in the incident shortly after.