- Serie B Round-up Week 22
- Chinese club knocks on Giovinco’s door. His agent: “We’ll speak with the club”
- Ventura on Gianluigi Buffon’s legacy and Balotelli’s talents
- Analysis: Deulofeu bears more than youth, raw potential for Milan
- Napoli, Gladbach and Southampton closer to Gabbiadini
- Juve aiming to close Tolisso deal in January
- Napoli Call Ups for Coppa Italia matchup against Fiorentina
- Parma: A Year in Serie D
- Transfer News Recap: Gabbiadini to Southampton? Defrel to Roma? Double signing for Fiorentina
- Everton, West Ham, Crystal Palace all in for Milan’s Niang
Reggina bus engulfed in flames after derby loss vs Messina
- Updated: December 29, 2016
A disaster avoided in Sicily as Reggina’s bus erupted into flames.
After losing 2-0 to arch rivals Messina in the Derby dello Stretto, Reggina was heading back to the port in order to catch a ferry to return back to the Italian mainland.
Shortly after leaving the Stadio San Filippo, the bus transporting the Reggina players and staff caught on fire and forced the team to swiftly evacuate. The city fire department quickly intervened to avoid the worst.
(story continued below)
DIGOS, an Italian special investigations unit is investigating the situation to ensure the was no foul play. Initial findings are pointing towards catastrophic engine failure rather than malicious intent.
Thankfully, nobody was hurt and Zeman Junior’s side will return back to Calabria.
Messina released a statement denying any involvement whatsoever in the incident shortly after.