- De Rossi: “If you finish second, you’re a failure”
- Two Italians Ranked in Top 50 worldwide youngsters born in 1998
- Napoli’s Team Doctor: “Insigne is in good shape”
- Updated: Projected Italy XI vs Azerbaijan
- Curci: “I would have stayed with Bologna after relegation.”
- Zambrotta: “Milan need a Thiago Silva in defense”
- Fiorentina mull move for Lisandro Lopez
- Ex-Sampdoria forward Juan Antonio quits football for a rock band
- The story of Ali Adnan, Serie A’s Iraqi against ISIS
- Tavecchio speaks on Conte’s future with Italy
Roma contact Chelsea about loaning Lukaku
- Updated: April 30, 2014
Roma based newspaper ‘Il Messaggero’ are today reporting that Sabatini has contacted Chelsea in regards to loaning Lukaku.
Roma are looking to strengthen their attacking options this summer as they prepare for Champions League football. With Bastos and Ljajic remaining doubts for next season, the two likely candidates for attack are said to be Kalou and Lukaku.
Il Messaggero have understood that Roma ds, Walter Sabatini, has contacted Chelsea for a 2-year loan offer for Lukaku, similar to the offer that Chelsea have with Courtois at Atletico. However the loan offer depends on Lukaku signing a contract extension with the London club, and Chelsea manager approving the loan move. Due to the young age of the Belgian striker, Mourinho wants Lukaku to be at a team with more attacking experience to help him develop. Whether Roma fits this requirement depends on a successful loan agreement between the two clubs according to Il Messaggero.