- Salah’s Message To The Fans!
- Parma Forced To Auction Club Items To Raise Funds
- Kovacic Prepping for Napoli: “My role? As a regista I have more space than as Trequartista”
- Marino: “Sportiello? I Believe Marotta Is Following Him.”
- Juventus On The Tracks Of Dutch Talent
- Inzaghi: “I told Destro not to worry”
- Ten Players who could Leave Serie A in the Summer
- Conte: “I Could Have Gone To Manchester United.”
- OFFICIAL: Serie A Clubs approve €5M loan to Parma
- Milan vs Verona: Callups and probable starting lineup
Roma contact Chelsea about loaning Lukaku
- Updated: April 30, 2014
Roma based newspaper ‘Il Messaggero’ are today reporting that Sabatini has contacted Chelsea in regards to loaning Lukaku.
Roma are looking to strengthen their attacking options this summer as they prepare for Champions League football. With Bastos and Ljajic remaining doubts for next season, the two likely candidates for attack are said to be Kalou and Lukaku.
Il Messaggero have understood that Roma ds, Walter Sabatini, has contacted Chelsea for a 2-year loan offer for Lukaku, similar to the offer that Chelsea have with Courtois at Atletico. However the loan offer depends on Lukaku signing a contract extension with the London club, and Chelsea manager approving the loan move. Due to the young age of the Belgian striker, Mourinho wants Lukaku to be at a team with more attacking experience to help him develop. Whether Roma fits this requirement depends on a successful loan agreement between the two clubs according to Il Messaggero.