- Juventus and Milan battling for two key stars
- Inter prepared to open talks with Liverpool for Geoffrey Kondogbia
- Everton eye Manolo Gabbiadini with improved bid
- How to watch Benfica vs Napoli: Live stream, TV channels, start time
- Lazio, Lulic apology: “I’m sorry I expressed myself in such a manner”
- Simeone: “Everyone knows I will be Inter’s coach; it’s not news”
- Juventus turn to Meret for post-Buffon
- New closing date for AC Milan sale
- Fede’s Sketches: Lulic on Rüdiger explained
- Where Are They Now? Serie A Edition: Giuseppe Mascara
Roma contact Chelsea about loaning Lukaku
- Updated: April 30, 2014
Roma based newspaper ‘Il Messaggero’ are today reporting that Sabatini has contacted Chelsea in regards to loaning Lukaku.
Roma are looking to strengthen their attacking options this summer as they prepare for Champions League football. With Bastos and Ljajic remaining doubts for next season, the two likely candidates for attack are said to be Kalou and Lukaku.
Il Messaggero have understood that Roma ds, Walter Sabatini, has contacted Chelsea for a 2-year loan offer for Lukaku, similar to the offer that Chelsea have with Courtois at Atletico. However the loan offer depends on Lukaku signing a contract extension with the London club, and Chelsea manager approving the loan move. Due to the young age of the Belgian striker, Mourinho wants Lukaku to be at a team with more attacking experience to help him develop. Whether Roma fits this requirement depends on a successful loan agreement between the two clubs according to Il Messaggero.