- Serie B week 37 round-up
- MATCH PREVIEW: Can Roma jump back into Champions League against Inter?
- Throwback Thursday: Herrera, Facchetti, and Catenaccio Unchained
- The Calcio nerd’s guide: Treviso
- Allegri: “We can reach the semifinals”
- Allegri confirms Vidal in the 23-man squad for Monaco
- Marchisio to miss the Turin derby
- Official: Zeman leaves Cagliari
- Week 31 Azzurri Best XI
- Better Buy: Depay or Dybala?
Roma contact Chelsea about loaning Lukaku
- Updated: April 30, 2014
Roma based newspaper ‘Il Messaggero’ are today reporting that Sabatini has contacted Chelsea in regards to loaning Lukaku.
Roma are looking to strengthen their attacking options this summer as they prepare for Champions League football. With Bastos and Ljajic remaining doubts for next season, the two likely candidates for attack are said to be Kalou and Lukaku.
Il Messaggero have understood that Roma ds, Walter Sabatini, has contacted Chelsea for a 2-year loan offer for Lukaku, similar to the offer that Chelsea have with Courtois at Atletico. However the loan offer depends on Lukaku signing a contract extension with the London club, and Chelsea manager approving the loan move. Due to the young age of the Belgian striker, Mourinho wants Lukaku to be at a team with more attacking experience to help him develop. Whether Roma fits this requirement depends on a successful loan agreement between the two clubs according to Il Messaggero.