- The 7 Best Young Footballers in Italy
- American Owners Look to Make Calcio Great Again
- What does the future hold for Milan fullback Mattia De Sciglio?
- Three key points from Napoli’s draw vs Sassuolo
- Napoli should strongly consider cashing in on Mertens this summer
- Matchday 33: AC Milan player ratings v Empoli
- Giovinco Watch #18: Seba “fired” up, dominates Chicago
- Zola: struggling to bring the magic to the bench
- Sold! Let’s Talk AC Milan Transfer Rumors
- Three key points from Napoli’s win vs. Udinese
Roma, Manolas’ agent: “€40 million Arsenal bid refused”
- Updated: January 11, 2017
The giallorossi rejected a €40 million Arsenal bid for Manolas this summer, the Greek’s agent confessed.
Ioannis Evangelopous, Kostas Manolas’ agent, recently revealed some surprising background information about Arsenal’s pursuit of his client. The Roma centre-back was continuously linked to the Gunners, but with Shkodran Mustafi’s arrival, the Arsenal’s interest in the Greek centre-back never concretised.
As suggested by Evangelopous in his interview with Sport FM, Roma’s excessive price demands made the deal fall through:
“Roma refused a €40 million offer from Arsenal this summer. The interest was real, but Roma’s demands exceeded what they were willing to pay.”
Despite ruling out a move to China, Evangelopous has been emblematic, to say the least, with regards to his client’s future:
“I can’t say where Kostas would like to play, but it’ll be interesting to see which teams come knocking for him. There is no guarantee he will move in the summer but there will probably be some offers. But in general it is hard to predict anything in football. China? We are talking about excessive offers. The figures being touted are stunning but Kostas has the option to play at the highest level and I would say China does not suit his ambitions.”