- Transfer News Recap: Gabbiadini to Southampton? Defrel to Roma? Double signing for Fiorentina
- Everton, West Ham, Crystal Palace all in for Milan’s Niang
- Juventus set to close Dybala contract renewal
- Tottenham, West Ham at the door for Ranocchia
- Milan, Deulofeu: “I’ve signed with the most glorious club in Italy”
- Niang-Ocampos switch on the cards between Milan and Genoa
- Watford and Birmingham City duel for Palermo’s Quaison
- Editorial: Milan’s paradox
- Chelsea on high alert following Biglia meeting
- OFFICIAL: Deulofeu signs with AC Milan
Sirigu’s Agent: “I Hope He Returns To Italy. Napoli? Positive Idea.”
- Updated: January 3, 2017
Salvatore Sirigu’s agent Carlo Pallavicino spoke to the media today about his client’s lack of playing time and future.
Since joining Sevilla from Paris Saint-Germain in the summertime, Sirigu has found playing time hard to come by. At the moment, he finds himself behind Sergio Rico in the pecking order and has gotten minimal minutes. In France, it was the same story when Kevin Trapp arrived. Once the German was signed, Blanc demoted Sirigu to backup without providing any explanation. His agent has now had enough and is suggesting a return to Italy.
“Return to Italy with Napoli? I would hope so. We are talking about one of the better Italian keepers in the world. He did really well at PSG, then Blanc benched him without any technical reason. For years, he was the best keeper in Ligue 1 and I have to say that he’s a great person. Seeing him on the bench is a crime. In Italy, there are many keepers who are not as good as him. Alongside Buffon and Donnarumma, he is the best. A move to Napoli would be a positive idea for Italian football and for the national team. Cagliari? It’s being spoken of for too long.”
The goalkeeper’s contract expires in 2018 and will have no shortage of suitors, especially in Italy. guarantees. However, Sevilla boss Jorge Sampaoli and chief Monchi are urging the player to stay reportedly offering .